Thursday, December 09, 2004

Is this a joke?

This was in the recent Wayne Stater:

Dear Editor,

Every Wednesday while reading the Stater, I am subjected to complete b.s. I used to believe that the paper was near perfect. Over the last few months, however, I have been proven wrong. The column “Simon says,” written by Nikki Simon (clever name by the way), is a constant annoyance. This girl, yes I said girl, seems to think that she is the leading authority on music.

Evidently, Nikki believes that she has the best musical taste on campus. She must also believe that we are all mindless college students who will agree with and follow her worthless advice.

I believe that it is now time to call out Ms. Simon. Not only does she pick the worst possible artist to review (need I mention Good Charlotte?) but she also has absolutely no writing skills, whatsoever. I think that it is about time that she stops pushing her column on us like it’s the Bible.

My firm hope is that soon Nikki, or someone she listens to, will pull her head out of her rear. Until then, I, along with many others, hope she will keep her opinions to herself, that is, until she finally has something worthwhile to say.

Sincerely,
Elizabeth Albrecht


Is she serious? Nikki and Liz live in the same f-in house! They are practically roommates and best friends. Why on earth would she put this in the paper, to be funny? Was she expecting Nikki to catch this at the Stater's office or what? There better have been no other letters to the editor becuase otherwise this was a waste of ink because someone's actual opinion could have been printed.

No comments: