Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Glimpse from the Past

OK, I meant to post this yesterday, but I'm lazy. Yesterday, before "Christmas With The Kranks" at San Ann'a, I saw the first person I ever cared about but haven't seen in too long a time: Beth Ranslem. Oh boy! I hadn't seen her in forever and I couldn't get a hold of her because I think she moved. I miss seeing her and talking to her so much. She was the first person I had ever cared about.

Beth was one of those girls that was too impressive to believe. She was always dating someone so windows were never there, but I would visit her so frequently when I went to Fremont. I took her to my sophomore homecoming dance, but she did say that she had the PSAT tests the next day. She stayed for pictures but dance procrastinators took too long and she had to leave. She didn't stay long but it was well worth it for me. I started going stag to the homecomings as was the tradition and asked her to my junior prom. She agreed only to later find out she had another appointment but she set me up with one of her friends. This is the girl that I would do anything for, even take someone I had never met to my prom. I invited her to my graduation, but her first year of college must have been busy and I don't blame her.

I hear now she's engaged/married, not sure anymore. I am glad to know that she is the kind of woman that grows more beautiful in time. I wish her the best of years and give her the knowledge that I will always care for her.

No comments: