Thursday, May 19, 2005

Midnight Star Wars Showing

Yippie! We got to Oakview at around 6:30-7:00pm after loading up at HyVee and got in a line. There were so many people there it was unreal. There was a Toys R Us Geoffrey dressed as Vader there among the nerds. The nerds were using lightsabers and dressed up so I laughed. I also noticed people have much more money than me. There was a bunch of PSPs and iPods around it made me depressed. Anyways, we found out we were in the wrong line and got into our correct, shorter line. The staff told the geeks that they couldn't bring their lightsabers and lawn chairs inside so they lost their spots I assume. A guy dressed as Master Chief showed up though. They let us in at about 9:00pm and then the nerds ran into the theater to wiat for 3 more hours.

We had bought tickets at different times so we had to smuggle some people into our showing. We had a couple Jedi and a Padme in our showing so I laughed. The were cheering the preshow countdown, the trailers, and then the logos. They also had $1 pop and popcorn which was nice. The movie was great. I think it was the best of the prequels and maybe knock down an original, maybe. I got back around 4:00am and had to go to work. Now I hope that we can start the DnD Fridays.

Darth Geoffrey loses his Frisbee Posted by Hello


The Mass of Sub-humanity that is Star Wars Nerds Posted by Hello


The Green Guy is Master Chief Posted by Hello


The Nerd Vader approaches the Nerd Master Chief (a clash of the franchises!) Posted by Hello

No comments: