Wednesday, January 12, 2005

MSN Messenger 7

I downloaded the beta today. I never use MSN without Messenger Plus! but I found out there's a beta version of that for MSN 7. (If you don't know what Messenger Plus! is, it's an add-on that enhances MSN with features such as contact renaming, send sounds, contact notifications, remove the ad banner, POP3 email, and a buttload more) I always recommend Plus!


I do like it. It's come a long way in the months it's been out. The gaping security hole in the winks appear to have been resolved. There's some things that are nice such as winks and nudges, but I think I'd use them as much as I do MSN Games, rarely. I like the look of it and the ability to log in with a status. The big display pictures are nice for yourself. I am not a big fan of the fact that you need MSN Spaces, their version of blogging, to have a contact card. It just feels like another way for Microsoft to take over EVERYTHING related to computing.

I will be sticking to my Trillian, but if anyone wants to use the new MSN for a wink or something, I can switch over without hesitation, but I don't know yet if I will return to MSN. It does seem like everytime I go Trillian all the way, a new version of MSN is out that makes it feel a little obsolete.

No comments: