Monday, January 03, 2005

Going back to Trillian

I was looking through my favorites today and noticed that the icon for Trillian had changed slightly. I looked at the site and found they had a new version for free for the first time in a long time. I downloaded it and feel satisfied.

Trillian is an instant messenger that connects to AIM, ICQ, MSN, Yahoo!, and IRC to allow someone to use them all in one program. I started using it sometime in 2003 and enjoyed it until MSN 6 hit. It added display pictures, custom emoticons and other crap that Trillian wuld not support for it's free version, 0.74. I started usind MSN and Trillian for my AIM and Yahoo! until the new version of AIM came out. It drove me crazy! It kept making noise, wouldn't allow me to remove AIM Today, I couldn't stop the notifications so I said screw it. I forgot about Trillian in the process.

This new version, Trillian Basic 3, allows display pics and has some other improvements that I like. I think I will be using this until something better will inevitably appear on the scene and they decide not to update it. I recommend this program to anyone who uses more than one instant messenger program actively.

You can get it here: Cerulean Studios

No comments: