Monday, November 29, 2004

Janet Roney fired?

This seems to be the big news across campus. Here's the lowdown:

NEWS: On Saturday night the Wayne Police Department received two citizen reports of anunderage drinking party in the 200 block of Blaine Street. When officers responded shortly before 11:00 pm they found 31 minors, ranging in age from 15 to 18, drinking at the party. All 31 minors will be formally charged with Minor in Possession/Consumption of Alcohol in the near future. A 21-year-old, Dylan Rohde has been arrested for Procuring Alcohol for Minors, for allegedly providing the keg of beer at the party. Formal charges against Rohde are pending in Wayne County Court.

There is a debate on the WSC Underground forums about if she will be terminated or not. I have put my two cents on there:
I did have her in class today. I don't think she fears much. She was fairly open with us about the incident. She said it was in the last page of the Wayne Herald and she said on the front page of the Norfolk paper. She mentioned that she didn't remember the last time there was an emergency meeting of the school board today, though.

For those saying she goes to class drunk, that's just Janet. She showed up during the class before the one acts without makeup on freaking out about it. Some of her good quotes from that day are here. She just seemed dead tired and stressed out than drunk, but that's just my opinion. I'm not saying she has never gone to class drunk, but this semester, this event was the only thing close, and she may have been drunk, I just don't think so.

It sounded like she left it up to Dylan to use his judgement whether or not to get the keg because she wasn't going to be there. If you think that's bad parenting, that's just Janet with her daughter. That's simply how there are.

I don't think she should fired, she wasn't even there and it's not enough to get her fired. Frankly, I'd hate to see who would want to take her job. It's not like Gwen knows most of the technicals. But, that's just my opinion.

Well, that's all I know on it. If there's any more, check out the thread below:
www.WSCunderground.com :: View topic - Janet Roney fired?

No comments: