Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Revenge of the Midnight Run

Well since it was the remnant of Halloween it was decided that we would go to Wal-Mart in Norfolk in cognito. I took Jen, Dan, and Andie as Sam took Jodie and the others. We got there and started the search for the Star Wars. We found out they had a Star Wars party just earlier that no one knew about. We found the DVD with bonus disc in widescreen and hugged it. After a while, all my headgear started to drive me nuts so I removed it. I could find Battlefront II or its space in the shelf so I'm taking that as fate telling me to wait for Christmas. I had to take off my gloves so I could do the ritual of opening the DVD just to see the disc and the inserts. What a relief.

I am upset though. Because there was no way to do an all movie marathon in a 24 hour timespan, I decided to watch one every day this week. I played Episode I on my TV as Roger and Megan and I played Trivial Pursuit even thought I wanted to see it on my laptop because it's right next to my face and has better quality. I saw Episode II that day but my DVD player in my laptop started skipping again. It does this periodically and now it's back. Of all days! I watched it on the TV without incident and when I got back I tried Episode III. It skipped! I played it on my TV also and started at about 2:00 AM. This is actually the first time I've watched all of a movie after a midnight run. Usually I watch clips or start the movie and finish later. It was about 4:00 AM when DSAX got back and he was wondering what I was doing and noticed the Revenge. He watched the end with me and then Stu woke up to actually start his day. Funny. I wasn't too tired in class because it was at 11 but I wasn't stellar by any means. I tried the laptop again and it played disc 2 but not disc 1. I'm angry with it. I watched it again and now DSAX has it for the night and I may hop in there later.

No comments: