Monday, November 28, 2005

Gold Yoda Can

OK, Here's a story from Thanksgiving. It's the night before with my mom's side and my cousin asks me if I had regretted keeping a Gold Yoda can instead of getting $20. A little backstory here: Back in 1999 Pepsi released cans with 20 different Episode I characters on them and I got most of them except the Gold Yoda and the even rarer colored Destiny can. Well I told him that I never had a Gold Yoda. Now a normal person would simply accept this and move on, not him. He says, "Yeah, you do. I know I saw one of yours." I tell him, "No, I never had a Gold Yoda can." He is insistent that I have one somewhere. I tell him, "No, I don't have one. I am in a position to know what I have and what I do not have." He continues to be insistent until my annoyed brother tells me to end it. That angers me on two positions: 1. I'm right. 2. I'm not yelling or making a scene, but being calm about everything.

This is coming from their family where arguing is like a sport. They're like Tellarites. Those kids argue with each other about anything they can think of. This is why they have 9 TVs and 11 phones in a house of 5 because it's so hard to share and get along.

Also, his older sister was telling me about how she still thinks that Episode I was better than Episode III. I'd like to think she was joking but I strongly don't think so because she has Episode I and said the same about Episode II and never bought that one. I told her, "You are the only person in the world who thinks that." She said she liked it because of Jar Jar. I told her, "That is the exact reason why everyone else in the world doesn't like that movie." This is the movie that has bumped Return of the Jedi on some people's lists. I know that some people, like Jodie, don't even like Episode I at all. I respect it out of the sake of Star Wars but it's not #1. She is like the Bizarro Star Wars fan. I don't even want to know what she thinks of the Trilogy. So I'm sitting here thinking: Where am I? What is this place? How did I get here? What is wrong with these people?

No comments: