Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Haunted House

Sorry for the lack of postings, it's been a hectic week/weekend. On Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday I was out at the Haunted House for Sci-Fi and WSEAN. It was pretty fun. They wanted Willy Wonka to be the tour guide for the Torture Factory but my goggles fogged up after I put them on, plus the darkness in general kinda made me hesitant. I also forgot a part of it on Thursday but I did bring and wear some of the elements. We put some glow sticks on the cane and found out that it creates a good amount of ambient light on the shiny black glossy walls of the house so on Saturday I went into the TV room and spooked people there while at times greeting people outside. Sunday I went on in TV room again and got the hang of that but I wanted to be in the psychedelic mask strobe-ing room. I went in there near the end and were waiting for the fresh blood when we realized that everyone else was outside because no one was actually coming. I did navigate through the house and figured I would be able to tour guide as long as everyone was in their positions.

On Monday I actually guided. I'm afraid that my presence wasn't so much scary as it was deranged. That's OK though. I took some groups in without breaking out of character once which is trying. I did get a little upset when Megan was standing in the vicinity of the door in the strobe light room, not moving. I ran right into her and she got mad. She told me to take off the goggles and now I really hate that sentence. First, to remove the goggles, I have to remove everything else on my head first. Second, removing them would have me break character and I'm not willing to do that. Third, when a near-blind guy is walking toward you because he can't tell if you are a part of the wall, MOVE! I'm like a dinosaur in there, my vision is based on movement. Oh well, I got over it. I went over to Morey in between to the Monster Bash. I won Best Dressed by a majority and they gave me sugar. I stayed for a while and then headed back to the house. I got there and they were ready to close early because no one had came since I had left with the exception of those inside currently. I did get to tour Dan and Andie through before it was over though. After it was all said and done, we decided when it was time to go on the midnight run...

No comments: