Sunday, April 10, 2005

Saturday's Con

Yesterday was so fun. I basically hung out at the registration desk all day. Josh dragged himself up to Wayne along with Matt and Jen and that was great. And Kaddy showed up too. Fran at Acme Comics talked me into getting the Star Wars Miniatures game. I love it. I had to buy a booster pack because the characters you are given are really weak by themselves. I played that with Sam (trying to figure it out) and then with Greg (finally got it figured out). We then played a huge game of Star Wars Trivial Pursuit (probably one of the last games I may play with that board if I get the new version quickly) and I won but it was close. We then played Lord of the Rings Risk and Greg on the side of evil won when the found the ring at Mordor two spaces away from Mount Doom. I also got wiped out at Minas Tirith but it was fun. I then watched Zombies until the Masquerade show. Paper faces on parade... And then the door prizes. I watched Munchkin, then Enterprise, and back to Munchkin. And then we had to see the forbidden Fargo tape until I got tired and returned to the dorm.

I do have to say something. WillyCon this year was in combination with the Young Author's Conference which wasn't too bad, except no one from there was working the registration desk. So many times the desk was bombarded with questions about the Conference that we have no idea on because they told us nothing and hey have little information there. Oh well, I'll get over it.

No comments: