Sunday, April 17, 2005

3 Short Stories from the Weekend

Into the Dragon's Lair
I started with the plan of getting both the Rebel Storm and Clone Strike starter sets for Miniatures before they are removed from shelves, preferably Rebel Storm. I went to Hastings after school on Friday to see if they had any miniatures...one box...in the back...overpriced. So then the next day I went over to Walmart because I needed to kill time and they had none. They did have the Revenge of the Sith starter for miniatures and TCG. Ironic because they don't sell expansions to either. I then went to Toys 'R' Us and they had none but I did see their display. They had a huge Vader helmet and had free LEGO Mini TIE Interceptors with a purchase of $15 or more. No, I didn't get one. They also had a bunch of other cool crap that I wouldn't mind having at some point. I went to Oakview Mall and Waldenbooks had the new ones and GameStop had a few Clone Strike boosters overpriced. I tried Barnes and Noble only to find the new ones as well. I decided to take a chance, I went to the Dragon's Lair Comics shop in Millard. That place is like a mini-WillyCon (if that's possible). There was some gaming and a ton of crap to get. They had all starters and boosters and sold individual miniatures. Paradise. They also had all expansion boosters of TCG and some Star Trek CCG. Let's just say I got a punch card.

Let's Never Go to Sleep

My high school wanted my to bring DDR for post prom again. I borrowed Extreme from Brenner and set it up they way I wanted it. I got a big screen and this was the first time I used an S-Video cable so it looked sweet. While I was playing I played High-def Battlefront. Most of the people played it and Morgan wants to buy it now. There's always someone who plays it for the first time and wants to get it, myself included. I was happy too because the Karaoke was moved across the room so it was at least possible to play over it. I also played some Rhythm and Police to give them hope. The post prom ended at around 4:15 am and I was asleep at 5. Fun. So I was happy this was better than last year. They probably request it again next year.

Westroads is a Motherlode

Today I went to Westroads Mall and I was pleasantly surprised. Waldenbooks had both old starters and Clone and new boosters, Suncoast had both old starters and Clone and new boosters, and Gamestop had overpriced Clone and new boosters. Where was I yesterday? I knew I wasn't getting the other starter yet because I need some more time but I picked up a Clone booster from Suncoast for no reason and then I got a Cinnabon. Oh, Cinnabon! The booster I got rocked. I got so many good ones. I then went to Target and found Star Wars Risk for 19 f-in dollars! I was really, really, really, tempted to get it. They also had a Puzz3D foam puzzle of Anakin's Jedi Starfighter. I never heard of this and never knew they still made those. Still not clean!

No comments: