Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Site News

This post is a long time coming, but I think I'm all done.

First the big update: Categories
Because the week archives are piling up, I decided to create subject categories so you can find old posts or if you want to catch up. These are listed on the right after the links.

  • ACM - This is where I'll put the minutes as long as I am secretary.
  • Adult Swim - This is a new category for all things Futurama, Family Guy, American Dad, etc.
  • Enterprise - This is where my live reviews/facts for the episodes go and will become a Star Trek news category when the show is off the air.
  • Halo - LAN results and any news on my favorite Xbox game.
  • Link Blogger - This is where any miscellaneous posts will go.
  • My Life Outside of College - This is where I'll put my fun stories.
  • Reviews - This is where I'll post ay reviews of movies, TV, or any other social commentary.
  • Star Wars - This is where I've put all my news on movies, toys, games, and anything else from a galaxy far, far away. Watch this category plummet when Episode III is on DVD unless they do make a TV Show.
  • Wayne State College - This is where my class/campus related stories will be. It's been kinda empty recently because I miss my Theatre class.
  • Who Am I? - This is where I'll throw my quiz and survey results.
Blogger does not provide category support, so if you want some, I just created posts with a dated list of posts on the first day of blogging ever, so no one finds them just by simply looking. Then link to these post pages on the template, simple.

Next thing: Online Status
Cool thing I found on forums that shows if you're online or not. The graphics I use have a white pixel shadow so I need to put them on a light background. The MSN one is tricky and the things go up and down a lot, but if you have patience, it's really cool. To get your own go to www.onlinestatus.org.

Alright: Guestbook
The loneliest part of my site. No one signs my guestbook, but go right ahead whether you check it every day or you just stumbled upon it. I like getting feedback.

OK: HTML Code Tester
My last link is for a HTML Code Tester I found. I don't take credit for developing this, but it is cool. If you want to see if something works, put it in and a window will open showing the results of your code.

Last One: Commenting
I didn't do this, so thanks Blogger! Comments now no longer have the choice of Anonymous or a Blogger profile. Now you can leave any name and you're site address whether it's at Blogger, Xanga, LiveJournal, or anywhere. It's all good.

Also, I sent guestbook and comment notifications to my Gmail so I'll know when you commented on anything, so even if it's an old post, feel free to comment.

Well, that's it. Two months of work in most right has paid off. I was going to change the design, but my choice had a huge text size and I'll need to figure out how to make it similar to this site's side. That's it, enjoy!

No comments: