Thursday, February 03, 2005

Now I'm Depressed

Well, it's official! UPN finally cancelled Enterprise. It was so close to cancellation last year but they made it another year. I wish there is something I can do, but here we get UPN on Saturdays so we don't count toward ratings. SaveEnterprise.com is currently in Tactical Alert to try to help the show and EnterpriseFans.com is currently on bandwidth hiatus. I guess it would be good for Star Trek to take a break and work on getting back to its core. You never know, the DVD sales might help it pull a Family Guy. I know BnB were hot rocks to make a prequel movie probably dealing with the Earth-Romulan War. And then there's syndication...

I really think UPN needs to realize that it's such a crappy network. It is the network that launched Voyager so I'm not suggesting leaving necessarily, but they're always trying to compete with the other major networks who are broadcasted nationally when they need to take what they are given. It gets low ratings because it's up against major shows on major networks and they were all upset that Battlestar Galactica on Sci-Fi got better ratings.

Well, some good final episodes are coming up including the conclusion of the Romulan arc, the Klingon forehead arc, and the Mirror Universe arc, with the untitled series finale.
TrekToday - UPN Cancels 'Star Trek: Enterprise'

No comments: