Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Midterms and WillyCon

Well I had 3 tests today. World Civ went good as always. Those tests are long and challenging but he grades well. Geography of US and Canada was fine. There were a few that I didn't know but I knew the rest. World Lit was fun. I knew the other 9, but the last one I had no idea on at all. I tried to BS some of it but halfway I simply said: "If you've read through this so far, well done. I honestly cannot remember anything about Baldwin. I will endeavor to do better next term." I found out later that another guy apologized for his last answer and another didn't really know either.

I am so excited! The ideas of mine and those I have heard and suggested all went through for WillyCon. Here they are:

  • We're setting up a TV in the Gag that will play like Empire Strikes Back or Spider-Man so that way people in the Gag will be involved in WillyCon is some form.
  • The TV will then move down to the registration desk where a chart will show what the TV will be playing all day.
  • A big schedule behind the registration desk, because that's our #1 question: Where is this thing at?
  • Random Room names such as "The Fortress of Solitude" for the bathroom, "The Puppet Hospital and Burn Center" for one of the Suites, and "Ten Forward" for the Hospitality Suite.
  • Since the band will not be at opening ceremonies, we'll have a talent show of sorts with random videos and 30-second skits.
  • HALO TOURNAMENT passed meaning people can play Halo for cash without entry fee. There will be 3 different categories of play with higher money as you go up. This is on Friday night at 8:00pm.
  • Costume Contest reforms such as an assembled costume for those who bought elements of their costume and random where we provide odd materials like milk jugs and cardboard an hour before the masquerade and they get a small prize.
  • Chris and I talked to Ben Vrba today who is a state Magic champion about helping with the tournament and possibly doing a forum on intro to Magic, setting up a deck, getting into tournament level, etc. I hope he does it,
  • Heath and I are going to do a forum on Upcoming Comic Book Movies discussing where they're going with X3, Superman Returns, Batman Begins Sequel, Spider-Man 3, Hulk 2, Fantastic Four 2, etc.
  • Roger, Levi, and I are going to do an Enterprise one where we watch the last episode and criticize it because it was kinda lackluster.
  • Matt Ptacek, Jenn, and I are going to do a Star Wars one about how the movies are over, where is the saga going? This will be a discussion of the novels, comics, gaming, video games, and TV shows that will explore what to do post-Episode III.

2 comments:

Marx said...

I really can't wait until Willycon now that the club has talked of it in vast detail! [I was thinking maybe I could get up there for Karaoke and sing "He's all right, he's okayyy" for Mistah J!]

Anonymous said...

i was woundering if you can were costumes from DC comic books