Saturday, March 25, 2006

Explorers Club Trip


Today, the Explorers Club went to Pipestone National Monument in Minnesota. We had to meet at 8:00am and the drive was a while so I brought The Da Vinci Code I bought on spring break to read. There's a lot of homework I should read, but this is a day off. I got halfway through on the way up so that was great timing. The monument is really neat. Its nifty to see what they can turn a rock into. I picked up a pendant out of the pipestone. The quarry was very neat and a great expression of nature.

We ate a Lange's Cafe, a local joint. It was really good food. On the way back we stopped at Sioux Falls to see the Sioux Falls. Those were really neat. The city basically made it into a park and you could easily jump in if you wanted to die. There are all these rocks everywhere and it was really neat. On the way back I finished the novel. It's a very good work of fiction. I highly recommend it. I can't wait to see the movie! Also, just to give some props... If you like going on field trips you should join Explorers Club. That's all they do!

No comments: