Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Battlefront Online

I tried Battlefront online tonight. It's not bad, but something is wrong with the scripting. My first game was me vs. two humans with 6 AI players: Me=Republic on Cloud City. Yeah, that's going to go good. No people to hold command posts and they are destroyers. Then the game does Endor with me as the Rebels, so now they're both in AT-ST's. Yeah, it's not fun. The game needs to detect the amount of players and compensate on its random selection. Don't give the advantaged humans more of an advantage with the only side with vehicles. I can't believe that there isn't anyone online besides these two at 11:40pm, it's not that late. And I know they don't want to cause lag, but 12 people fighting at a time? I know they expect the maps to be full, but when they're not, you have a lot of ground to grab and no resources to do it. What's the next one? Hoth, where they're both in snowspeeders making the AT-AT's useless. And I know they're not cheating, they're doing what they're supposed to, there's just no defense. Although they did manage to get a snowspeeder into the base... Next level, Kashyyyk Docks as the Separatists. I should win this and despite being in a vehicle and against only one this time, the numbers weren't adding up. I'm killing them left and right and capturing command posts but yet they still have a good 50 more reinforcements. I got 42 kills that round and he got 28. Explain that! Next one, Naboo Plains and it feels like it's already in progress. I'm the Separatists and guess where he is...the Jedi Starfighter, where I can't get him, but he can get me. The teams are even, I get in a tank and head to the center, die and notice that we're now 25 under. It's at this point that I turn off the PS2. I need more practice, and people need to play this game online more often. I got respect for the guys, but when you're already owning the AI, does it hurt to get out of the vehicle and shoot at them? Like I said, they're doing nothing wrong, but I'd love to play a big match where I'd have at least another human on my team.

No comments: