Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Day 8 – Ios, Ferry to Mykonos, Mykonos

On Ios we headed down to the port and had some time so I went with the Kansas people to check out the nearby port church. It was gated closed but we snuck around the fence to get some photos. We only needed to waste a few minutes so we didn’t trespass long. We got on the Flying Cat 4 again to go to Mykonos. On the ferry there was half of an engaged French couple in my seat and they asked me to take one of their seats and, of course, I did. They must’ve got off at Paros because a woman said she had my seat after stopping and my seat was free again. We arrived on Mykonos and it was hot. We got to the Hotel Petinaros and got another very nice room with a second bedroom, a bar, a stove, and a full fridge. We then headed down to a restaurant where I had another gyro and a frappe. It was good but very, very strong. I love gyros. It’s all the tzatziki sauce! Later we headed into Chora to check out the town. They city is a maze designed to confuse raiding pirates. The city is so cosmopolitan. We checked out where the ship to Delos leave and saw the famous five windmills. John suggested that we get some lightweight long-sleeved white shirts if we were going out to Delos as there is no shade. So when we separated I went with the San Francisco girls to find these shirts. We found a shop owned by a nice Greek lady. She was very helpful in finding a nice Greek style for me. We then took a taxi back to the hotel.





No comments: