Monday, May 28, 2007

Day 6 – Ferry to Ios, Ios

I was afraid of waking people up coming in late but it seems those who stayed in Fira came back at about 5:00am. I mailed some more postcards after breakfast before we left for port. We took a quicker ferry, the Flying Cat 4, to a shorter destination so the trip was under an hour long. It was raining when we arrived on Ios so that sucked. However, our room is awesome. It’s the four of us and we have two rooms and a large veranda. We went down to port to eat where I had a couple chicken gyros. They are so amazing. We chilled at the hotel until about 8 when we went into town. Some wanted a group dinner but I wasn’t that hungry. The island is relatively calm because it is Holy Spirit Day, a government holiday. A guy I was walking with, Kyle, was trying to find gyros and asked some children where he could find some. He offered some of his beer and they declined. That is so different than America. I’m guessing it’s because there is no drinking age and the kids are around it all the time. There’s no forbidden vibe to it so they have little interest in it. We found the gyros and explored the town with Shana and Tamara, the girls from San Francisco. It is such a neat town. We headed back down to the hotel and the girls booked a massage for €70. I then chilled in the hotel watching a movie on the English-language movie channel that looks similar to NBC until me roommates returned.

No comments: