Sunday, April 02, 2006

WillyCon VIII: Saturday

Yesterday I worked the registration desk most of the day to see what happens. Heath arrived and soon it was our panel. It went well despite taking 20 minutes to get technology to work. First we had no wireless receiver for the mouse and keyboard. We stole a keyboard and mouse from the lab but the mouse had no ball. We soon found one and we were ready. We showed the trailers and images and a lot of people commented. I think Heath enjoyed the discussion so that was good. I will definitely do that panel again next year either with movies or with comics alone. I hope Heath can help too because he is very good. We'll see what happens. The Star Wars panel went well. Jenn was kinda quiet and attendance was a little low. Matt, Jen, Norby, and Will basically randomly discussed things. I don't blame Jenn for being quiet. It was a very Expanded Universe heavy panel and I don't think I will do it next year unless there is a lot more information on the TV shows next year. Jenn stormed out later and Steph kinda made it worse. She felt that she was useless and that she should quit but she calmed down. There were some problems earlier and this just compounded it. After that I bought Ultimate Spider-Man Vol. 1 from ACME. I read that during the art auction and I got in the mood to dress as Wonka. Steph and I won best Eye Candy so we each got $15. After that Steph, Greg, Shawn, and Angie played Munchkin. Greg won easily and at one point got 17 treasures. We watched some RPGs then left. I was really food-deprived so I bought some vending food. I love a Saturday Con!

No comments: