Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Review of "Red Eye"

It's been a while since I've reviewed a movie and I've got a bunch coming because I checked out a few from the library over the weekend so here's one we saw in the Morey lobby. I had a feeling that I wanted to see this movie because I've heard good things about it. They are basically right. It's a compelling story and has awkwardly funny moments. It's those moments that aren't supposed to be funny but end up being really funny, like most of Fantastic Four. It's very suspense filled and I liked it because it was very liberal in showing the amount of pain this guy receives . Cillian Murphy gets the crap kicked out of him and they show no blood which is refreshing because I'm not watching Nip/Tuck. I get enough blood. It's also fun to yell at Rachel McAdams for whenever she does something stupid or just simply has bad luck.

The plot was solid with no major holes. I liked the music score. It was no John Williams but had a good theme that was repeated and worked well for this movie. I also like the name Jackson Ripner. It's just so cruel to name your child that. It makes me wonder if Cillian Murphy is as good playing someone who is not creepy since he does creepy so well. I liked the movie but it's losing some points with the super-super security for the Deputy Director of Homeland Security although I don't really know how much security the guy would have. I also felt a bazooka was a tad excessive but beyond that I really liked the acting.

My Rating: 8.5 out of 10
DVD-worthy: Not for $20, not yet. If I get compelled I might for that much but I'd buy it when it goes down.

No comments: