Monday, January 30, 2006

Dr. Doom is back!

Fantastic Four was a really funny movie. It's a shame it wasn't supposed to be a comedy. ComingSoon reports that they will start filming the sequel soon and that Doctor Doom will be in it but they didn't say anything about Julian McMahon repeating the part. His portrayal was...chilling. In a bad way. I've got it figured out that they could conceive a reason for him to alter his voice when he puts on the mask. After how they defeated him in last movie, I'd say he's got a reason to sound scary this time. No more Marco Polo. They did say he would be back "as full DOOM" so I'm hoping that I may be right. I like it when movies complement each other in a series. I'm hoping that the newer Doom will expand on why he seems so odd in the first movie and that it was his method of defeat that altered him. I do hope they keep the costume, because that coat is freakin' sweet. Of course, they really don't need Julian McMahon to play him since he's all mask now but it still would be fun to know it's Dr. Troy under there. He did almost get scary when he zapped the Invisible Woman and said she was fired. It's just that you're Dr. Doom, don't ask me what I don't like about myself!

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=12947

No comments: