Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Wrath of Con

I'm looking ahead at what to waste my money on for the next few months. It seems a good group of us are willing to go to ValleyCon in Fargo this fall. They're trying to get R.A. Salvatore which is cool but no media guests have been confirmed yet. Either way I'm going because it is loads of fun. I'm half tempted to leave a day early, head up to Bloomington, and check out the Mall of America for a day, then drive up to Fargo, which is about another 3 hours. I doubt I'd get anyone on board for that considering that's more money but the thought is nice. MarsCon is kinda a hit-and-miss up in Bloomington. It's next February/March and they've got the guy who plays Chandra Suresh in Heroes among many other roles. If they get one more media guest I've heard of, I will totally be considering going. This Sunday is MicroCon for one day up in St. Paul. If I didn't have the Blue October concert here, I would totally drive the 6 hours and check it out. There's a crap load of guests. It is so rare we get a good act here amongst the country crap. I really hope there's another FallCon in St. Paul. From the looks of last year, it seems that there were tone of people again, including Krypton Comics! There's no information but if there is no conflicts I will totally check that out. And, of course, there's WillyCon X. We're going to provide all of our previous guests free lodging and hopefully we can get most of them to return. All would be sweet! We're going into fundraising overdrive to secure our more popular guests just in case. I'm pumped. If anyone else knows of any conventions in the Midwest area that I'm unaware of, let me know.

Well, I should return to Pokémon Diamond. My Monferno needs leveling up.

No comments: