Sunday, April 15, 2007

WillyCon IX: Saturday

Saturday was fun. I picked up Zach Miller's Joe and Monkey books and they are hilarious. He also signed and sketched the insides as well which was awesome. The Superhero Movie panel went very well. Heath showed an Underdog trailer which I did not know existed and I was stopped in speech. Additionally, I was able to prescreen the room to make sure the technology was working this time, plus with two hours we got to cover everything. He also brought up a video of Kevin Smith's experience with the Superman movie so it was fun to play that as well. Once we were done, I gave the remaining Spider-Man 3 posters to the rest of the Con for freebies. The large ones were gone at the end of the day. The art auction went well and the trivia contest was very fun, although I think we went way too hard on the questions. The categories were a little screwed up too but we got it figured out. I hope we do it again next year. After that was done I was talking to Steph and Zach Miller stops by to chat. Eventually we ended up going with him and Taki Soma to Subway for about 5 minutes and then we talked in the Con Suite. Jodie brought up a Jar Jar mask and so we put that on people and beat them up. It was funny. A group of us talked until about 3 am and then I retired. It was a good day.

No comments: