Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Wii-less

I heard that Wal-Mart would be selling Wiis at 8:00am today so I called them up on Monday to confirm. I asked if they would be available at midnight and they said 8:00am. Someone on Amazon claimed that there is a lock on the Wii so they cannot be sold until 8:00am. So I slept early and woke up to get there at about 7:15. There was no line. I thought it was weird so I got my stuff and listened around. They said that people were waiting at 5 and the Wiis were all claimed. I was thinking it was a ruse to prevent a rush on the systems so I paid for my stuff and waited around the electronics. They kept saying the same thing so I gave up.

That bugged me a bit because they never told me to get there earlier and I was under the impression that they couldn't be sold until 8. I think what happened was somebody got impatient and tried ringing them up to prove a point on the electronics registers. The Amazon guy said that the electronics and jewelry departments don't have the lock for some reason. They saw they would work and sold what they had. So when I hear about the next shipment, I'll just be more vigilant.

No comments: