Thursday, December 28, 2006

Still Wii-less

This is a late post but I find myself with time now. On December 17, I heard that there would be another shipment of Wiis in. Toys R Us would get 7, Target would get a bunch, Best Buy would get some, and Wal-Mart would get some. So I woke up at 4:00 am to get to Wal-Mart in case they sold them at 5 instead of 8 like they did in Norfolk. When I arrived in Fremont, they said weren't getting any in so, not to waste time, I went to Omaha's Wal-Mart and they didn't have any. I was wondering if they were lying in order to prevent a line, but wondering wasn't going to get me one. It was about 5 and I went to Target to see if there was a line. There was, and there were tents. They opened at 8 and I was #37. It was very cold (possibly explaining my sickness) and I had some conversations with the people there. After 45 minutes the Target people came out and said there were only 15 Wiis and 8 PS3s. So I was out of there and went back to Wal-Mart. More people were there expecting Wii and they said they didn't have anybody. They sent someone back to make sure and they said they had none. So I went home to sleep.

I was working in the lobby with a teller that was hired when I left for college, Laura. She's fun. She likes sci-fi stuff so I had stuff to talk to her about. She saw Eragon and said they left a bunch of stuff out of the book. She and her husband were also looking for a Wii. She said he was 4th in line at Gamestop for 5 Wiis and had to leave to go to work. He was offered $100 for his spot. During the week, my brother said that my sister-in-law, Jordan, was at Wal-Mart and they announced over the speakers that there were 3 Wiis that just came in. My brother was so mad she didn't stop and pick one up. I didn't mind. The next day Laura said her friend was at another Wal-Mart with the same announcement and picked one up right away. So she got to play one. I was at Best Buy and there was a bunch of PS3s just sitting there with a worker watching them. He said the Wii was all sold out. I did get Call of Duty 3 for Wii so no I have a game and a controller with nunchuk, but no Wii. Hopefully once the holiday hype dies down, I'll be able to pick one up conveniently.

No comments: