Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Finally, Some Good Customer Service

My iPod has been goofy for quite a while. I just never cared. In about February or March it started doing this thing where after a while, the volume would no longer respond. The bar would move but there was no change. I had to reset the thing to get volume control. I tried searching Apple for the reason but all I got was angry Europeans whining about how they can't make the volume louder because of restrictions there. I hoped a future update would correct this. Nope. In fact the 1.2 update made it slightly worse. The volume thing was gone, but now it would freeze if it stayed idle most of the time. It would also play like 20 seconds of a video. So I deal with that for a while but it frustrated me on the Duluth trip because it would freeze and drain the battery. Sometimes it would shut down properly, otherwise it was a guess. It would even freeze in the dock.

I noticed the Apple Store opened in Village Pointe in Omaha a few weeks ago so I thought that perhaps they can service it without having to send it in to Apple. I brought it in and the took a look at it. They listened to it and tweaked it a little. Luckily it was frozen when I brought it in so they knew what I was talking about. I'm glad I remembered to bring the Best Buy receipt because that helped immensely. After a while they went into the back and gave me a new iPod of the same model! I was thrilled. The new iPods scratch like a son of a gun so I am going to be smart about this one. I used the first one as a testing ground so now I have a case to care for the iPod. I'm just so happy to have great customer service after the Cingular debacles.

No comments: