Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Miniatures in 2006

Hey! They're not done! Wizards of the Coast released what we are to expect for 2006. It' doesn't really start up for a while so these huge Universe packs will probably be around for some time still.

Attack on Endor (due February 2006)
What? I'm not sure what they're up to with this one. They released the "Rebel Hero" Endor versions of Chewie, Han, Leia, and Lando in Universe. Nien Nunb and Ackbar were in there also along the the Dresselian Commando seen in the breifing scene of VI. What more can they make up? They can always add more stormtroopers and rebel troopers but what's the point? Perhaps more and more Ewoks or even Wicket? I'm hoping they include a good Luke unlike the last one. Seriously, this guy couldn't even take on the first Vader, much less the newest Vader. Give his some Hit Points and Attack modifiers similar to the super New Republic Luke who can't be used here beacuse he's not Rebel.

Champions of the Force (due May 2006)
I'm not sure what they're planning here. Are they going to reissue every Jedi and Sith they have made? I have to give them credit, the Republic expansions created a ton of Jedi to use and Revenge of the Sith duplicated the best ones. Please, not another Mace Windu, Yoda, Obi-Wan, and Anakin. I can't take it. I can see them doing this for those who started at Revenge of the Sith and could find any Clone Strike but got the Rebel Storm reissue and are short on Clone Wars Jedi like Qui-Gon and Darth Maul (irony there). I hope they use this to expand on the New Jedi Order they started in Universe and not waste time on duplicating the Republic. The New Republic is filled with a horde of undone Jedi.

Bounty Hunters (due September 2006)
Again, what? They already did the bounty hunters in the first set. The only, and I mean only one they left out was Zuckuss and who really cares about that loser. They better go Expanded Universe on this set.

Galactic Conquest (due November 2006)
I don't know why, but to me this seems like a troop-builder set, which isn't bad. It would be fun to see what a squad on non-Unique characters can do on a massive scale. This could also be a code name for the New Jedi Order also as the Yuuzhan Vong are trying to conquer the galaxy...

I'm not mad or anything, I just don't like having duplicate characters like they did in Universe. I'd be really surprised if they didn't reach further into the New Jedi Order more. There are so many new characters that haven't been miniaturized in that set and it would be fun. I guess we'll have to see.

No comments: